We all know that protein helps in building our muscles and keeps us full. Protein bars are a great source of nutrients, but they often come packed with unhealthy ingredients.
Some mass-market companies load their bars with chemicals to optimize shelf life and taste, so here are some fast, easy ideas for DIY protein bars.
1. Chocolate pecan bars
Chocolate pecan bars are great as a snack or a meal replacement. This bar is designed to give your body tons of clean protein without sacrificing taste.
– 3 scoops Sun Warrior protein, chocolate
– 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
– 1/4 cup pecans
– 2 tsp. ground flaxseed
– 2 tsp. raw almond butter
– 1 tbsp. non-dairy/gluten-free brownie mix
– 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
Mix all ingredients in a bowl and stir with a spoon until thick paste forms. Shape into bars and chill for 2 hours. Preheat oven to 425. Place the bars on a cookie sheet, and bake for 15 minutes. Eat them cold. Enjoy.
2. Almond coconut protein bars
Vegan and gluten free high protein snack that tastes similar to a popular chocolate bar. This recipe is super simple easy and super tasty!
– 1 cup almonds
– 1 cup protein powder (plant-based)
– 1/4 cup cacao powder
– 1 tbsp. stevia extract
– 2 tbsp. coconut oil, melted
– 1/2 cup canned coconut milk
– 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
– 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes, and some more for coating
In a food processor, slowly add all ingredients from first to last and mix until well combined. Chill for 1 hour and slice into bar shapes. Place some coconut flakes on a plate and roll your bars in the flakes. After that put them again for 2 hours in a fridge. That’s it! Enjoy.
3. Mocha brownie protein bars
These healthy protein bars are absolutely delicious! They are great snacks and can give you a quick energy boost.
– 90 g vanilla protein powder
– ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
– ½ cup oats
– 2 tbsp. Truvia, to taste
– 1 cup cold coffee
Use 9×5” loaf pan and line with parchment paper. In a bowl, stir the oats, protein powder, cocoa powder and Truvia. Put in the coffee and mix until fully incorporated. Place the mixture into the prepared pan, and press it down evenly with a spatula. Place in the fridge for at least 2 hours, or until firm, before slicing into bars.
4. Dark chocolate strawberry energy bars
These protein-packed energy bars taste like fudgy spheres of pure dark chocolate! This easy recipe contains only 4 ingredients, most of which you probably have in your pantry already.
– ½ cup Vanilla Bean protein powder
– ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
– ½ cup oats
– 1 ½ cup of frozen strawberries, drained
In a large bowl, mix together the oats, protein powder, and cocoa powder. Puree the strawberries until smooth. Place the purée in the cocoa mixture, and stir until well combined. Flatten them and shape into bars. Place in an airtight container, and refrigerate until ready to eat.
5. Dark chocolate blueberry energy bars
These protein-packed energy bars taste like something between oatmeal cookies and fudgy brownies. They’re so chocolatey and rich!
– 1 cup oats
– 60 g vanilla protein powder
– ½ c cocoa powder, unsweetened
– 2 cups frozen blueberries, thawed & drained
– 2-4 tbsp. water
In a large bowl add the cocoa powder, oats and protein powder and stir until combined. Place the blueberries into a food processor, and mix until smooth. Place the blueberry purée to the oat mixture, and stir until well combined. Shape small bars and put them in the fridge for a few hours. Enjoy!