Weight Loss Service Lynnfield MA

80 / 20 Diet Rule

1. What is 80 / 20 rule

The 80/20 principle is a lifestyle change which leads to sustainable weight loss. People who tried limiting diets found in the past that this new rule is all about balance and moderation, which doesn’t exist in a fad diets.

If you practice 80/20 diet, you can go to dinner with friends and enjoy meal or cocktail and that is what makes this clean-living thing a good rule for the long run.

2. The perfect diet

All of us would like to eat the perfect diet and stay healthy, fit and slim. But, usually, we fall at the first hurdle and then forget about it. This is the moment where the 80/20 Rule might jump into action, allowing you to be realistic and eat your favorite foods but in moderation. The idea is to eat about 80% of healthy foods, and for the rest 20% of the time, you can eat whatever you want.

3. Benefits

With 80/20 diet you don’t have to count calories of any particular food. Because there are almost no restrictions, you might probably stick with 80/20 Rule rather than with traditional diet. In addition, this diet will make the healthy dietary changes in your life, which actually means that you will lose weight and maintain healthy in a long-term.

Healthy eating habits could also prevent certain medical conditions, such as metabolic syndrome, high cholesterol, and high blood pressure. And, you can better manage your daily energy levels with 80/20 diet rule.

4. What to eat

It is recommended to eat a variety of lean proteins, such as chicken and fish, unprocessed whole grains, low-fat dairy and fresh vegetables and fruits products 80% of the time. Manage the portion sizes of your meals by reading nutrition labels and limit your serving to the recommended sizes.

Poach, grill, braise or steam your food instead of frying it. Always eat slowly and stop eating when you feel that you’re full. Eating slower will help you with digestion. However, eating too much healthy food can weaken our digestive system. The answer is to give your stomach enough space to digest by only filling it to 80% of its capacity, and leaving 20% empty to help with digestion.

So, listen to your body and eat slowly in order to know when you are full. You will feel healthier after every meal and your body will be thankful. Eat healthy foods for 80% of your time by cutting down on alcohol, cutting out ‘white bread,’ potatoes, sugar, bad fats, ready-made meals, caffeine, ‘refined’ carbohydrates and fizzy drinks.

5. Eat healthy:

– Eat a healthy breakfast every day
– Exercise every day – or at least 4-5 times a week (half an hour)
– Only ‘snack’ on fruit or vegetable
– Drink at least 6 glasses of water a day
– Cook healthily (cut out bad fats)
– Eat slowly and allow time – stop when 80% full
– Eat at least 5 portions of fruit and vegetables daily
– Monitor your actions and weight

6. Tips and tricks

Eat healthy on the weekdays and allow yourself a treat on the weekends as a reward. However, a cheat meal doesn’t mean that you can binge. For best results, make sure that not all of your cheat treats are full of fat and processed sugar. In addition, watch for your portion sizes even on cheat days.