4 Really Good Avocado Smoothies
Most of the popular diets openly embrace avocados. Their flavor, richness, versatility and numerous health benefits put them squarely at the front of the class.
The nutrients in avocados are high and include the vitamins B, C, K, and E, folate, dietary fiber, carotenoids, B vitamins, healthy fats, and potassium.
This rich nutrient fruit not only significantly helps in keeping our organism healthy, but it is also very tasty. Besides eating it raw we can make very healthy smoothies. These are some cool ideas of avocado smoothies:
1. Avocado & berry power smoothie
Add avocado to your everyday berry smoothie to create a creamier and richer consistency. It can also be a perfectly healthy breakfast.
– 1/2 peeled and chopped avocado
– 1 cup frozen mixed berries
– 1 1/2 cups reduced fat milk (soy, cow, coconut or rice)
– 2 tbsp honey
– 1 tbsp LSA meal
LSA meal is a mix of ground linseeds, sunflower seeds, and almonds, and you can find it in the health food section of your supermarket. Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth and creamy. Put the mixture into 2 glasses and serve right away. Enjoy.
2. Tropical avocado smoothie
This smoothie is the best way to begin your day. Very high in omega-3, antioxidants, and essential vitamins, it is a great way to help you power through the day.
– 1 cup water
– 1/2 avocado, seed removed and peeled
– 1/2 cup of mango chunks (fresh or frozen)
– 1/2 cup of pineapple chunks (fresh or frozen)
– Optional is if you want to make it sweeter you can use 1 tbsp of honey, maple syrup, or stevia.
Just put all the ingredients into your high-speed blender and blend about half a minute or until the desired consistency is reached.
3. Green avocado smoothie
Thanks to an avocado, this delicious green smoothie is super creamy. Avocado provides lots of beautifying healthy fats as well as provides a delicious smoothie.
– 1 cup of milk substitute (sweetened or non-sweetened)
– 2 1/2 cups spinach
– a half of an avocado
– 1 apple (cored and halved)
– 1 cup mango or pineapple (fresh or frozen)
– 1/2 tbsp ginger (optional)
– 2 cups ice (or one if you are using frozen fruit)
Add ingredients to the jar, secure lid and blend for about a minute or until you reach the desired consistency. Serve the smoothie immediately. Enjoy!
4. Raspberry watermelon smoothie
If you are craving something that tastes like dessert, but if you want to be healthy also, try this smoothie. Fruits and berries are both high in vitamin C. Combing these tasty fruits will also provide all the important nutrients and vitamins.
– 2 cups watermelon
– 1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
– 5 ice cubes
– 1/2 pealed banana
– 1 tsp coconut oil
– 1 cup fresh or frozen strawberries
– 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
Mix all of the ingredients into your blender and blend for about 30 seconds to 1 minute until you see the desired smoothie consistency.